[cvsnt] Re: Problem listing modules on NT4 Server

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Fri Jul 2 18:49:52 BST 2004

I'm confused. I thought CVSNT was the port of (GNU) CVS to windows. Is there
GNU CVS client and server (whose most recent version is 1.11.6) that run on
Windows that is largely redundant with CVSNT 2.0.46? I have a very recent
download of cygwin and "cvs -v" indicates that both the client and server
are 1.11.6.

If so, I'm curious: how do I start this GNU CVS server that is distributed
with cygwin? CVSNT has that nice installation script that installs CVSNT as
a windows Service but there is no such installation script that I know of in
the cygwin distribution.

Maybe my problem was that I was using the GNU cvs client to talk to the
CVSNT server and maybe that is a bad combination.

   Siegfried