[cvsnt] cannot open d:\repos/.history,v: Permission denied

Scott Bolton srb.nospam at nospam.winsim.com
Wed Jul 7 21:05:27 BST 2004

my sandbox is c:\sandbox, on my client machine

my repository is d:\repos, on my server

everytime i do any cvs command, i get this warning message:  "cannot open
d:\repos/.history,v: Permission denied"

the problem is that cvs is looking for my repository on my client machine
instead of my server, because if i map my server's D drive as my client D
drive, the message goes away

please let me know if there is a patch to fix this, or maybe some setting i
over looked

Thanks in advance,
Scott