[cvsnt] Re: Internal error: p_test_date must be an actual date, not TIME_ZONE_INFORMAATION format

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jul 8 11:29:55 BST 2004

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 12:08:26 -0700, Glen Starrett <grstarrett at cox.net>
wrote:

>Scott Bolton wrote:
>> when i commit a file to the repository, i get this error message:
>>
>> "cvs server: Internal error: p_test_date must be an actual date, not
>> TIME_ZONE_INFORMAATION format."
>
>I saw this go by recently.  See the thread "cvs diff: Internal error:
>p_test_date must be an   actual date, not TIME_ZONE_INFORMAATION
>format." (May 4 & 5 of 2004) for response from the CVSNT developer and
>his request for more information.

This error happens extremely rarely (I know of half a dozen including
this one in the entire history if CVSNT), and indicates a critical
failure of the underlying API that returns time information.
Something has presumably been installed which has broken the API...
this is fatal, as CVSNT relies heavily on being able to query the
information on files...  hence I can't ignore the error, and the
nature of the problem means it can't be patched around.