[cvsnt] Re: Wildcards possible in checkout/export

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jul 9 09:27:19 BST 2004

Bo Berglund wrote:

> In both cases it does not help much since I need to get the files by
> wildcarded names because they will be added by other developers
> unknown when.

If the names are a fixed pattern then that won't be a problem (modules2
certainly handles this and I think modules does too).

> As for tagging, if I do this on directory level then I will tag *all*
> files also those *not* matching the wildcard (i.e. those that I have
> to somehow exclude from the setup script).

Tag just before you export, so you'll only get the files that match the
wildcard at that point.  I'm assuming everything is in one or two
directories.

> So far I see no other route than:
> - export the whole directory (gets maybe 200 files)
> - run the del command with wildcards for the *old* files
>
> Of course now I have to wildcard removals so I need to know what is
> common among the files to remove....

It'd be better to have the files split up by directory already, or even
branched for each version.