[cvsnt] CVS v. CVSNT: which is best for me?

Chuck Kirschman Chuck.Kirschman at bentley.com
Fri Jul 9 21:57:26 BST 2004

We run both.  By that I mean both clients, both servers, and use either
client with the standard CVS on Unix boxes.  We only use an SSPI-capable
client with the WinCVS server.  We're transitioning towards cvsNT, away
from standard CVS.  If you've already got it set up, go that route.  It
has more features than standard CVS.

BTW, the cvsNT install is both client and server.  So everyone installs
the same thing, but just tells it not to create a lock server, etc.  It
would be nice if there was a client option in the installer that
wouldn't do any of the server installations.

chuck