[cvsnt] how to config the CVSNT server

Frank Pan fpan at humidity.com
Mon Jul 12 14:58:26 BST 2004

Hello all,
  I had a CVSNT v2.0.41a problem in Win2000 Pro server configuration.  I logged with an administrator onto the server and installed the CVSNT software.  Then I tried to use some instructions to let the CVS system to recognize the administrator.  What I did are:
1.  set cvsroot to :pserver:administrator at firebox-700:/TEST  (Note:  firebox-700 is my server name)
2.  in cvsroot folder, created a ".passwd" text file and put "administrator:" in the first line.  Also I created a admin file and put the "administrator" in the first line.
3.  open command window and run the command:
  cvs passwd -a administrator
  From the instructions I got, I should be prompted to enter a password BUT I didn't.  Instead an error message says "there is no administrator user in the passwd file".  I don't know why.

  My cvs repository folder is d:\cvsrepo\test.  Do I need to use d:\cvsrepo\test to replace the TEST in the step 1 above?

Thank you,
Frank