[cvsnt] Re: interest in Windows install notes wiki page?

Carl Zmola carl at membersonlysoftware.com
Mon Jul 12 16:41:22 BST 2004

Glen Starrett wrote:

> Ann Lynnworth wrote:
>
>> Is there any interest in starting a wiki page to collect installation
>> notes for the Windows platform, for the latest-stable release of
>> CVSNT?  I have to do a new install tomorrow and would be happy to
>> take notes and screen shots to get such a page started.
>>
>> I don't know how to add a page to wiki to get this started, or
>> whether it's needed...
>

> There's a page that Bo set up quite awhile ago that hasn't been
> maintained.  It's in the wiki, maybe you can start from that or
> replace it with an up to date version (e.g. include new :ext: stuff,
> note that cvs passwd isn't required in most circumstances).
>
> I've also noticed some repeated discussion on which protocol to
> choose, how to set them up, and advantages of each--but I haven't had
> the motivation to actually pull a page together to summarize it all...
> maybe someone with some time and a fresh look at the product could put
> something together.

I am going to be ginving a workshop for a local users group in less than
a month.  We will be installing a repository, connecting and doing some
checkouts, commits, updates, ...

Connecting is going to be interesting for us because there will not be a
domain, or user accounts for most of these people.

I am willing to help compile the page.

-  Carl Zmola
-  Carl at MembersOnlySoftware.com
-  202-328-1785 x 103