[cvsnt] Re: CVS Linux with WIN AD

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon Jul 12 17:29:26 BST 2004

Gavin Bartle wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Seem to be having some problems getting win users to access CVS on a
> Linux box (RH 7.3)
>
> When I run  $ kinit  it seems to work find and i can get a list of win
> groups and users off my server
>
> however when users try to access cvsroot from their PCs , they get the
> following
>
> Logging in to :pserver:oupton at capstan:2401/cvsroot
> CVS password: <entered>
> cvs login: authorization failed: server capstan rejected access to
> /cvsroot for user oupton
>
> I'm thinking its perhaps permissions on the /cvsroot folder
>
> Anyone have anything thoughts, because i'm running out of clues :>

You might need to set up a PAM authentication file for CVSNT.  It
understands PAM, and the default PAM config changed in the RH9
timeframe--but you might have a locked down default PAM config.  There's
a sample on the InstallationLinux page in the wiki.

http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationLinux

Not sure that's what is happening, but might help.

--
Glen Starrett