[cvsnt] CVS v. CVSNT: which is best for me?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon Jul 12 23:01:14 BST 2004

Siegfried Heintze wrote:
> I needed to access my repository from my client's machine so I installed
> CVSNT. There is no repository on his machine. Will he now be running the
> server constantly anyway and be consuming extra RAM and be a security
> liability for ports 2401 and 2402? Is there a better client to install for
> such a scenario?
>   Sieg

You don't need to install the server components of CVSNT if you just
need the client.  Simply uncheck the "Server components" in the install
wizard and you're set.

If you've already installed it, then do a "net stop cvs" and change the
service startup to either manual or disabled.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett