[cvsnt] Does cvs update work correctly?

Andreas Tscharner andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch
Tue Jul 13 06:50:14 BST 2004

Hello World,

We have had an incident last week where a developer had overwritten the
changes from another one. Although it was no problem to restore the
changes, I'm a bit worried.

We first though about the usual suspects: Open IDE, copying and old file
over the updated one, etc.
but the developer says none of them happened, so I wanted to ask:

Has anyone ever noticed a failure of cvs update that was really a cvs
failure and not due to circumstances?

CVS Server: CVSNT 2.0.41a
Server System: Win2000
CVS Client: CVSNT 2.0.41a (using TortoiseCVS 1.6.13)
Client System: WinXP Prof, SP1

Best Regards
	Andreas
Andreas Tscharner                          andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch