[cvsnt] Update problems - file XXX was lost

Chuck Kirschman Chuck.Kirschman at bentley.com
Tue Jul 13 13:50:26 BST 2004

In addition to the problem below (I haven't seen any response, so I
assume it's a known bug), I'm also seeing a similar problem on update.
If I commit or modify a file while updating, suddenly it stops knowing
that a file is Modified and instead decides that they are all Lost.
None of these "lost" files are modified on the server, only in my local
sandbox.  It seems as if a change to the sandbox makes the cvsNT client
lose it's way somehow.  Is there anything I can do to help debug these
problems?  The responses are quite confusing to the users.

Thanks
chuck

M stn/hline/exact/pool.cpp
P stn/dlapps/dges/dgesdlg.h
P stn/dlapps/dges/dgesdlg.r
cvs update: warning: stn/dlapps/stools/ChangeSymbPath.cpp was lost
cvs update: move away stn/dlapps/stools/ChangeSymbPath.cpp; it is in the
way
C stn/dlapps/stools/ChangeSymbPath.cpp
cvs update: warning: stn/dlapps/stools/LayoutStyles.cpp was lost
cvs update: move away stn/dlapps/stools/LayoutStyles.cpp; it is in the
way
C stn/dlapps/stools/LayoutStyles.cpp