[cvsnt] CVS v. CVSNT

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Thu Jul 15 06:51:28 BST 2004

Ken,
 I asked the same question and you could probably use google to find the
and the folks on this mailing list recommend it over CVS. CVSNT has more
features and the developers have been more aggressive in adding new
features.

Beware, there are many versions of CVS! There is the cygwin version of CVS
that has been ported to windows, there is the CVS port to windows and there
is CVSNT. All are different ports. CVSNT has now been ported back to un*x,
I'm told. And then, of course, there is a half dozen or so other open source
version control packages. Whew! It becomes very complicated quickly.

Unfortunately, the CVSNT documentation is not being maintained well.

   Siegfried