[cvsnt] CVS v. CVSNT

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Jul 15 08:45:25 BST 2004

Siegfried Heintze wrote:

> Beware, there are many versions of CVS! There is the cygwin version of CVS
> that has been ported to windows, there is the CVS port to windows

AFAIHU at least these two are identical. But then I've never used Cygwin
myself...

> Unfortunately, the CVSNT documentation is not being maintained well.

It is at least far (far!) better maintained than the original CVS
documentation which is still years(!) behind current development and
those years didn't even include a fraction of the number of enhancements
that CVSNT has implemented in the same time. Yet the CVSNT docs are only
behind current development a few weeks or so. Strange, considering how
many people are behind GNU CVS while CVSNT is basically maintained by a
single person. Kudos to Tony!

Cheers,

--
Oliver