[cvsnt] Re: How to setup CVS repository?

Wolfgang Winzer wwinzer at ka-dus.de
Fri Jul 16 14:03:26 BST 2004

smitha19 at juno.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup a CVS repository. We want the repository to be on an NTServer. Can you please let me know if having WINCVS 1.2 is sufficient to setup the cvs repository?
>
> Any early response is greatly appreciated.
>
> Bye
> Smitha

> Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

The short answer: NO!
The long answer: WinCVS is only a cvs CLIENT. It can only be used with
an existing repository! You also need a cvs SERVER. What are your
options? While the original linux CVS is the most common server (and
included in most distributions), CVSNT is a client suitable for Windows.

Regards, Wolfgang