[cvsnt] Re: scripts loosing execute permissions

Lehman, Curtis CLehman at carrieraccess.com
Fri Jul 16 22:21:43 BST 2004

> Lehman, Curtis wrote:
>
> > I tried what you suggested above. I also checked for a .cvsrc file.
> > I don't have a .cvsrc file in my home directory and there is nothing
> > in the cvsrc file on the server. Below is the trace of commands I
> > did and there output.
>
> That all looks the same as what I did, but with different
> result.  Did
> you check into the notes in Tony's post?  That is, are you
> using NTFS on
> the drive where you have your repository?
>
> I'm not sure what he meany by "you can check with cygwin ls" because
> even with the x bit set the RCS file looks like a normal
> read-only file
> to me.  I do see though in the RCS file a line "permissions
> 775;" at rev
> 1.2 where it was 664 when exec wasn't set on the file (I've
> attached it
> for reference).
>
> Note: I did verify this by going from my Linux to XP server.
> Previous
> tests were linux -> liunux.
>
> --
> Glen Starrett

I checked with the IT guys, we are using NTFS on
RAID 5 drives for the server running CVSNT.
Tony, can you please elaborate on what you
meant by "you can check with cygwin ls", I don't
 understand what your saying there. Does anyone
 else have any ideas why my system might be
loosing the executable setting. I think it's really
strange how it looses it on a commit.

Thanks,
Curtis