[cvsnt] Migration from Windows to Red Hat

Aaron Kynaston akynaston at novell.com
Mon Jul 19 21:38:37 BST 2004

I very regularly copy between a cvsnt repository and a cvs repository.

the only problems I've seen is that the later versions of nt support a
ku command (adding files as unicode) and my version of cvs on Linux does
not - so I had to re-check in those files to linux.

I'd simply copy it over, and see if you can check modules out of it .

>>> "Dean Zimmerman" <dzimmerman at estenda.com> 7/19/2004 2:20:37 PM >>>
I have an existing repository in Windows 2000 server and would like to
migrate that repository to Red Hat 9.  Can I simply install and setup
cvsnt in Red Hat and then copy over the repository files from Windows?