[cvsnt] Re: Encryption/Export Rules

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon Jul 19 23:09:46 BST 2004

JOHNSON, WILLIAM J (SBCSI) wrote:
> I am currently auditing software SBC uses in applications that have been
> identified as eligible for offshore transition.  I need to determine if
> the following products contain encryption that is protected by US Export
> laws.
>
> CVS Open source

This is the CVSNT list, not CVS.  It can be a bit confusing, but read on
regardless.

> If they do contain encryption, could you please provide pertinent
> information such as ECCN # or approval for export.

We have some information regarding CVSNT.  CVS supports *less*
encryption methods than CVSNT, so regardless of which version you are
actually using, this should help answer your questions:

http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/ExportInfoUS

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett