[cvsnt] problem accessing repository on the network

Saurabh Shah sshah4 at metlife.com
Sat Jul 3 07:50:19 BST 2004

Hi Mike,

   I am trying to integrate CVS with Cognos ReportNet.  I have installed
CVSNT on the same server as Cognos Report Net.

1.  I have created a repository called c:\cvs_repository
2.  I am able to create a connection from the Repository|Connection
Manager  from the framework manager (where reportNet server is)
3.  I am NOT able to  connect to this repository from my machine (my framework
manager) after mapping to the C:\cvs_repository folder of the server.

I am not able to connect to a remote repository from my machine.  Does CVS
only work when the repository files are located on a disk on the local PC?
Or is there some other way to configure CVS?

Thanks for your help,
Saurabh Shah
908.253.1526
The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the
intended addressee only.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
information, or copying of this message is prohibited.  If you are not the
message.