[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT 41a >10 secs delay with Reverse DNS disabled - any ideas

Greg Smith greg at ced.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 11:14:50 BST 2004

Hi Tony,

Spurred on by your suggestions I have now setup the reverse DNS lookup on
our NT2000 server and all is well with sspi. We did not have a reverse DNS
zone, so (for anyone else with this problem and no sys admin to help you)
you add a reverse DBS zone (the default is Primary, which is what you want),
then you add Pointer records to the machines that you want to be able to
find. The server is one of these! The system is smart enough to let you
browse through the machines that you have in your forward DNS list, so you
just click the obvious buttons.

Many thanks for everyones help.

Greg Smith