[cvsnt] Branch Permissions

NELSON Jeff JNELSON at covansys.com
Wed Jul 21 17:19:05 BST 2004

Can someone please help explain how the branch hand head permissions
work.

Here is an example of how we have setup the permissions.

Default	Head		R
User0		Head		CWR

Default	Branch1	R
User1		Branch1	CWR

Default	Branch2	R
User2		Branch2	CWR

When we set our permissions in this manner we get authorization errors
trying to commit, tag, or branch.

Example:
When User1 tries to commit a file to Branch1, cvs returns an not
authorized error.  The user is able to update their local sandbox.