[cvsnt] What is a repository prefix?

Carl T. Dreher focusrsh at arn.net
Thu Jul 22 18:31:00 BST 2004

I've been trying to get CVSNT to work with Eclipse.  I keep seeing all
these warnings about setting a "repository prefix".  A search of the
CVSNT site came up with lots of uses of the phrase but not one stinking
definition of what it is!

Has anyone got this to work with Eclipse?  I tried to use the CVSNT
interface to create a repository using the above "prefix" and then tried
to get Eclipse to talk to it, but all it did was complain that Eclipse
doesn't like prefixes.  If I don't use a prefix, the Eclipse "CVS
Repository" view (...why don't they just call it a window like everyone
else?...) says "No remote folder" or something similar.

I'm about to deep-six this whole CVS thing and go back to Visual
SourceSafe, which worked first time out of the box.

- Carl Dreher
focusrsh at arn.net