[cvsnt] Can't access CVSROOT dir with 2.0.41a or later...

Colin Bowler colin.bowler at ktgplc.com
Fri Jul 23 12:32:33 BST 2004

I'm having a strange problem where I can't access anything in CVSROOT from
CVSNT 2.0.41a or later.

I've tried 2.0.41a and 2.0.51a to no avail - I get 'Authentication protocol
rejected access' with all of them. I also can't do a 'cvs ver'. I can freely
update, commit, tag other modules in the repository.

However, with 2.0.14 (the latest pre-2.0.41 version I have), it works just
fine... I can update, commit or whatever in CVSROOT, do a cvs ver and so on.

CVSNT server ver is 2.0.14 - yes, quite old, but entirely adequate for us!
cvsroot is sspi:colinb at server:2401:/CVS_Repos
Using WinCVS (Tried several versions - pointing them at the appropriate
cvsnt version has isolated the problem as being CVSNT)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Colin