[cvsnt] Re: cannot stat on commit/release woes

John Kinson cvs at yellowradio.com
Tue Jul 27 15:25:00 BST 2004

We get it here all the time too.  Our production repositories are hosted
on Win2k server machines, our development PCs run Win2k (workstation).
AFAIK no unusual timezone settings are in effect (we're in the UK in
what's optimistically called summertime).  All filesystems are NTFS.
Even testing locally (i.e. sspi access to a cvsnt server running on the
local PC) has the same problem.  All other cvsnt commands work fine,
it's just release that misbehaves.

I would disagree about the release command being pointless though; I
frequently check out sandboxes from many different repositories, and
when done, want a safe way to delete the directory without accidently
discarding uncommitted changes.  "cvs release -d" is *exactly* the right
command to use for this.  Or is there an easier way?

JK

--
http://www.yellowradio.com/

If technology doesn't seem like magic,