[cvsnt] Re: cvsservice.exe takes 30+ minutes to start and stop

Matt Magurany honkywater at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 28 16:49:20 BST 2004

Tony,

Weirdest thing... The winsockxpfix didn't work and I tried restarting
with the service set to manual start, and it still did  the same thing.
So, I went on the assumption that another service was interfering and
stopped each service one by one until cvsservice.exe startup up normally.

Well, brute force worked and I found that if I stop DHCP client service,
turn on the CVS services, everything works just fine.

Any idea why it does this? Should I submit a bug?

Thanks for your fast reply yesterday!

Matt