[cvsnt] import "*** ERRORS DURING THIS IMPORT ***"

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Jul 30 21:03:04 BST 2004

Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:

>> C:\Projects\FlashFileSD\Flash>cvs import -d
>> winAVR/avr/include/FlashFileSD/Flash Progressive_Resources_LLC v1_40
>>
>> No conflicts created by this import
>>

>> *** ERRORS DURING THIS IMPORT ***

What do you get with a cvs status -v {somefile} from one of your
previously imported files?  I'm pretty sure that Import was intended to
be used as the initial addition mechanism when it is done, so having
files there already might confuse it somewhat.  Check for capitalization
issues.  You might also want to take this off to the side into a test
repository to try things out to see how it works.  You can just copy the
files from your main to the test repository without a problem.

I know this is offtopic, but I have been avoiding import for a bit now
based on some previous issues (that have been fixed AFAIK), instead I
add at the root of main and either branch to form my own vendor branch
or maintain the vendor's code on main and I branch for my customized
version.

--
Glen Starrett