[cvsnt] Lockserver failing because of socket-limit reached

Friedrich Niederreiter friedrichniederreiter at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 17:02:29 BST 2004

Hello,

we reproducably get the error "cvs server: connect to
localhost...:2402: failed: only one usage of each
socket address ... is normally permitted...."

I looked at some of the recent mails concerning this
matter and then watched with ntstat -an and saw that
the error appears at about 50some TIME_WAIT entries
on our "trouble"-machine.

Tony said in his responses that Win2000 has approx
4000 sockets. Does that also apply to
Win2000-Workstation? Unfortunately, our CVS-Server
with these problems is running on a
Win2000-workstation. Is there a way to bump up the
limit? Tonys hint of setting
HEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TCPIP\Parameter\MaxUserPort
 did not work (MaxUserPort doesnt exist neither on
Win2000Server nor Win2000Workstation). I tried it
anyway with no effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Friedrich Niederreiter