[cvsnt] SSPI Can't Authenticate with Domain\Username

James, Justin justin.james at intel.com
Wed Jun 2 17:54:23 BST 2004

I have been having a problem with CVSNT not being able to authenticate
users that need to pass the domain\username as part of the connection
string.  In a previous version of CVSNT you were able to pass the
domain\username in the cvs connection string but in the current version
if gives an [checkout aborted]: Can't authenticate - Username, Password
or Domain is incorrect error. This worked in the 2.0.11 release but I am
not sure at which version this broke as we did not see this problem
until recently when users had to change their domain account password.
The connection string looks like the following: cvs.exe -q -x update -d
-P CVSROOT=:sspi:mydomain\myusername at myservername:/myrepository

Also, the link at http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/BugReporting to the CVSNT
Bug Tracker (http://www.cvsnt.org/mantis/) is bring up the error below.

APPLICATION ERROR #400
Database connection failed. Error received from database was #2002:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the
in this error or select another action. You can also click an option
from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.

Thx
Justin