[cvsnt] CVS Module Not Known

Lori lori at brillianceweb.com
Wed Jun 2 18:13:09 BST 2004

I am having an odd problem.  We are setting up our office to use CVS.  It is
working on my computer and on 2 others.  We went to get another person
setup.  We have installed CVSNT and WinCVS on her machine and set all of
there preferences the same as ours.

However, when she goes to Remote / Checkout Module and presses the ellipses
("...") next to the Module name area she isn't shown any module names.  I
see several.  I am unsure of what the problem is.

In your documentation here http://www.wincvs.org/winhtml/wincvs11.htm it
says:
To checkout a module from the repository, the name of the module must be
known. If the name of the module is not known, select Cvs Admin->Macros
admin->List the modules on the server from the menu. This command will show
the list of modules in the WinCvs status window:

I went to Admin -> Admin Macros (which seems to be the only similar thing I
can find) but it just gives me an option of "Shell is not available!".  How
do I list the modules on the server?

I am running WinCVS 1.3.13.2 Beta 13.

Thanks,
Lori