[cvsnt] Re: calling cvs client from a hook script

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Jun 7 21:48:56 BST 2004

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:45:19 -0300, "Daniel Lapolla"
<ldlapolla at yahoo.com> wrote:

>The postcommit hook is ok for my needs, but what about the taginfo? I think
>it's like a pre-tag... will it lock the files involved in the tagging
>operation?

I would assume so, because the server will write to each and every
file to store the new tag.
And if the taginfo returns an error then the tag operation will fail,
this is why the files list was moved to stdin a while back. On big
modules it always failed because of the command line limited size in
Windows, and at that time the tagging also failed.

>I'm doing some tests in a WinXP workstation and CVSNT 2.0.41 and the file
>being tagged doesn't seems to be locked when my taginfo script runs the cvs
>rlog (at least it gets rlogged). Is this a normal behavior thant I can base
>my scripts on? Or it's buggy and will be corrected in the next versions?

I guess that rlog is a read operation and so the server does not need
to lock files? But Tony is really more in the know of this....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)