[cvsnt] Re: problem with checkout / permissions?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Wed Jun 9 02:22:44 BST 2004

On 5/29/04 17:48:08, Tony Hoyle wrote:
>> Maybe I have time to look at the code itself, but I think that there's
>> something missing here. FWIW, 2.0.34 works, and 2.0.35, 36, 38 and 40a
>> don't. From what I've seen by a cursory browse, it seems that some code to
>> fake a Unix server has been added or modified from 34 to 35.
>
> That just changes the output from 'cvs version' - it doesn't affect the
> operation of cvsnt itself.
>
> The code is safe_location() in checkout.c if you want to have a look at it.
> It's called to check the current location on startup, which is always a
> subdirectory of the temporary directory in client/server mode (cvs-servxxxxx).

I guess the quickest way to find out what's going on for me is to add some
TRACE statements in safe_location(). This should show me what it thinks is
the same as what...

I downloaded the sources for 41a, but it seems the directories openssl and
gssapi are missing -- at least it complains about it. The projects
sserver_protocol, gserver_protocol_ad and genkey don't build because of
that, and consequently cvsnt shows a linker error.

Does anybody know where I can find a description what I need to get it to
build?

I assume that after installing version 41a (with the standard installer), I
can just go ahead and replace cvs.exe on the server with my compiled
version, which should show me the additional traces in the client -- right?
Is stopping/starting the service enough for it to use the new cvs.exe?

Thanks,
Gerhard