[cvsnt] Re: is there a problem if I move files from one folder tothe other in the repository

Chuck Kirschman Chuck.Kirschman at bentley.com
Wed Jun 9 20:55:23 BST 2004

I regularly move files to a new name or location, but leave the old
files in place and then "CVS remove" them into the Attic.  I also strip
the tags from the new repository file.  If you don't follow this
procedure, how can you rebuild older versions of the product?  Until
Tony is done with file renaming that is; hopefully a checkout to a tag
will get the file in the correct directory then.

chuck