[cvsnt] cvs export -r 1.7 does not work anymore....

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu Jun 10 09:24:50 BST 2004

We have used this notation for some time to get exact revisions of certain files:

cvs export -r 1.7 -d Exportfolder TypeLibraries/Interfaces.tlb

Now all of a sudden we receive an error message from CVS with the following contents:
cvs [export aborted]: tag '1.7' must be a symbolic tag

Our CVSNT server is version 2.0.41 and I have tested with client versions 2.0.41
and 2.0.11 with the same result.
So I assume that this is a server side issue.

Why has CVSNT been changed to not accept revision numbers as -r parameter values
all of a sudden, and from which version of the server did this happen.

We now have to roll back our server to a level where it works correctly because
all of our build scripts rely on this notation when we must build certain special cases.

When we use HEAD for the -r parameter we have no problems and this is why we haven't
noted it before....

Bo Berglund