[cvsnt] New to cvsnt - Having issues

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Jun 11 05:46:46 BST 2004

Andrew Cooper wrote:
> so each use cannot create their own repository?
>
> what if I create the repository and they create directories under that? is
> it possible to set permissions so users can only acces their files?

Yes, it's possible to do it that way.  Take a look at the avail file
with it's "karma" system (I've seen it used by some projects
SourceForge).  You should be able to adapt that to automatically allow
someone with a matching username and root directory to pass and others
to fail if that's what you want to do -- but it only controls commits,
not checkouts or other operations.

I'm not sure what you mean by "access".

You could also use NTFS (or other) permissions to restrict access based
on user | group | etc.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett