[cvsnt] Building from sources on Windows

John Doe johndoe445566 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 14:13:59 BST 2004

I'm considering moving a repository from cvs on Linux to cvsnt on Windows.
Right now I build cvs from source code, and I want to be able to do the same
for cvsnt.  That's what open source is all about, right?  So I grabbed the
2.0.43 source tarball, but was unable to compile it with VS.NET 2003.  The
Windows build instructions in the INSTALL file are almost non-existant.  Also,
the "official" cvsnt binary comes as a Windows Installer package, and it isn't
clear how I could build my own from the provided souces.

So, could somebody (Tony?) please write up a description of what it takes to go
from source tarball to ready-to-install package?  Better yet, update INSTALL to
include the instructions?