[cvsnt] Re: bug in cvs(nt)?

Paul G. pgarceau at comcast.net
Sun Jun 13 22:10:10 BST 2004

On 13 Jun 2004 at 12:00, cvsnt-request at cvsnt.org wrote:

> Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 03:21:20 +0100
> From: Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
> Subject: [cvsnt] Re: bug in cvs(nt)?
> To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
>
> Oliver Giesen wrote:
>
> > Tony, have you got any idea how that "missing DBGHLP.DLL" problem might
> > be resolved so that Paul could at least produce a meaningful crashdump
> > to send to you?
>
> A standard installation will install one, but you can download one from
> the MS website if it's gone missing for some reason.

	Thanks again, Tony.

	When referencing "standard installation", what exactly do you mean?  Do you mean a) Windows OS
installation, or b) "Cvsnt standard installation"?

> The only way cvs info could fail would be something really messed up about
> the installation - it's about the simplest command in CVS... it loads each
> protocol then prints its information, and that's it.  There's not even any
> network activity to go wrong.

	So, it sounds like the output is as it should be when "cvs info" is invoked (regardless of where or how
cvs.exe might have been invoked).  Of course, it doesn't resolve the "crash" that occurs with cvsnt 2.0.41a or
indicate "why" the "crash" is ocurring.

	In most cases, on the WinCVS side you see a table of various CVSROOT related, which, for lack of a better,
more definitive term, I will define as "environment variables" which are (apparently) returned from cvs.exe to
WinCvs.exe, including "hostname", etc., which were defined before cvs.exe was invoked, but are no longer defined
"by" or "within" WinCvs.exe after the cvs.exe "crash/application abortion":

{
	[cvs.exe]
	"The exception unknown software exception (0xc06d007e) ocurred in the application at location
0x77f1d642."
}

	Paul G.