[cvsnt] Files ending with '.'

Leszek Włodarski leszekwlodarski at poczta.onet.pl
Mon Jun 14 15:05:48 BST 2004

Hello everybody,

I got some problems with using CVS together with files ending with '.'. I got CVSNT server and some unix client (1.11.5). At the UNIX side everything works fine, I mean, I suppose it does. It looks like windows server ommits single '.' character at the end of filename, at it looks for NAME file in the repository.
The message is:
(cvs server: nothing known about 'NAME' - ! not 'NAME.'

Can you tell me if there's any workaround,
what is interesting, update command works fine.

Best regards

 Leszek