[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Security Clarification

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Jun 14 17:54:50 BST 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:49:19 -0400, "NELSON Jeff"
<JNELSON at covansys.com> wrote:

>Can someone please clarify how to setup branch and head stream
>permissions for me.
>
>The way we have it implemented does not seem to work the way we expect.
>
>Example:
>
>Branch	UserID	Permission
>		Default 	r
>		User1		rwc
>Branch1	Default	r
>Branch1	User1		rwc
>Branch1	User2		rwc
>Branch2	Default	r
>Branch2	User3
>
>What we want to occur is this.
>All users have read access unless granted access.
>User1 full access to the HEAD stream, no update access to any other
>streams.
>User2 and User3 full access to Branch1, no update access to any other
>streams.
>User3 full access to Bracnh2, no update access to any other stream.

You have user1 read/write for HEAD and Branch1, user2 read/write for
Branch1 and user3 read/write for Branch2 (assuming there's a missing
rwc on the last line).

Presumably this isn't what you intended...  It should work if
specified as you describe (although of course there's nothing to stop
someone creating a new branch...)