[cvsnt] Re: couldn't connect to server

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Jun 15 09:28:19 BST 2004

Now,
this sounds like a networking, firewalling or AntiVirus issue to me.

What operating system do you run on the PC?
If you have XP-Home there might be problems with the way networking is implemented.
If you have XP-Pro and a later service pack then you might have the Internet Firewall enabled and this blocks access to the 2401 port, I believe.
If you have AntiVirus software running it might also block server access, it depends on the type of AV software.

And, the default WinCvs and CVSNT installations include all that is needed for sspi communication to work. You can check if you have the sspi_protocol.dll file in the folder where the cvs binaries are located. There is nothing to "set" to make it work.

/Bo