[cvsnt] Re: Can I create new repository through sspi protocol?

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Wed Jun 16 11:48:49 BST 2004

> From: Trinh_Nguyen Duy [mailto:trinhnd at Cybersoft-VN.com]
> So, nothing we can do. And the only thing we can do is to
> create a "repository"
> on CVSNT server via Service Control Panel.
>
> Why did I ask you this question?
> - Because my boss wants to use CVS to store projects instead of VSS.
> In VSS, the PM (project manager) can grant the team a permission
> to check in or to check out the files. Therefore, if I use
> CVS, admin should do it.

Trinh,

Permissions can be set differently for different modules within one
repository (and right down to the file level).  This can be done
remotely.

We moved from VSS to CVS (admittedly in a small company).  We reckoned
that CVS module = VSS project; CVS repository = VSS database.  Assuming
you have a single VSS database, you should be able to work with a single
CVS repository.  If you have multiple VSS databases, you *might* need
multiple CVS repositories, but I'd be interested to know why you need
the multiple VSS databases :-).

		- Peter