[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt for linu

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jun 17 16:19:54 BST 2004

Oliver Giesen wrote:

> Ah, I see now. But weren't there binary distributions for Linux
> available too at some point (I seem to remember RedHat and/or Debian
> packages)...?

Yes, but it's too difficult to maintain them.  The deadrat package was a
conversion from the debian one, and I dropped it after someone complained it
was pulling in bizarre dependencies like perl and no longer worked on the
newer redhat systems.  The debian one is now too out of date to be usable (it
predates the use of /etc/cvsnt as a configuration area) and my knowledge of
dpkg is not enough to know how to fix it.

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917