[cvsnt] Re: Sserver authentification problem

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jun 18 14:59:23 BST 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:50:13 +0200, "Cedric GROSS"
<Cedric.Gross at cnv.fr> wrote:

>Seems ok now but when I try to use my brand new cvs server with Tortoise CVS
>with sserver methode I had now :
>
>cvs [import aborted]: Server certificate verification failed: unable to get
>local issuer certificate

This means there's no CA certificate matching your server certificate.

Both sides need this.  The standard ones are shipped with cvsnt in the
ca.pem file.  If you're using a different one you'll need to replace
the ca.pem with the certificate of the CA you're using.

>Also I try with pserver method but when i try to create a new module I
>obtain (still in Tortoise) :
>cvs [server aborted]: tag `-b' must start with a letter
>
>But tortoise issue the following commande : C:\Program
>Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe import -m  Taxe tcvs-vendor tcvs-release
>CVSROOT=:pserver:cedric at 10.0.0.12:/usr/local/cvs
>
>I'm running Tortoise 1.6.13 on WinXP.
>
>Arrgl :((

No idea on that one...  needs a Tortoise expert I think.