[cvsnt] problem making a cvs user with pserver

Raheel softwarengineeer at gawab.com
Mon Jun 21 12:27:19 BST 2004

Hello all,

I am using CVSnt on my NT 4 machine. I have to create user by using pserver protocol. But with I entered the command:

> cvs passwd -a <user_name>

it respond with the below error message:

>cvs passwd: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password

>cvs [passwd aborted]: authorization failed: server mydomain.real.com rejected access to /psl for user abc

I don't know why it is saying so. Please note that I have already set my CVSROOT environment variable. It is pointing as:

> CVSROOT=:pserver:xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:/psl

Can anybody tell me whats wrong with it??

Raheel.