[cvsnt] Installing CVSNT 41a - reboot required...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Jun 21 23:59:54 BST 2004

I have just updated my CVSNT on my laptop from 26 or similar to 41a.
When I finished the setup I was asked to reboot, but rejected that.

Now I have looked in the Run and RunOnce keys for both HKCU and HKLM
to find exactly what the setup was up to, but there is nothing there.
So what's the deal on restarting?

Is it because the path setting was updated? In that case there seems
to be no need since the path does not change when one *updates* the
existing installation, all goes to the same directory as before. Could
not the installer detect this and act differently if the path is
changed as opposed to being the same as previously?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)