[cvsnt] gserver using Active Directory doesn't work anymore withnewer CVSNT versions.

Jonathan Jung jjung at amadeus.net
Wed Jun 23 11:13:02 BST 2004

Hello,

You wrote a few months ago:

   We're using gserver (with CVS 1.11.1.3) from a Debian/Unstable box onto
   Win2K Active Directory, which of course works fine. What has changed in
   the
   move to 2.0 that might have broken it? I can devote a small amount of
   time
   to fixing trivial things.

   For us, it's very convenient; we have a single sign-on network using
   Active
   Directory on Windows and LDAP / Kerberos / Samba 3.0 on Linux. I would
   hate
   to have to move SCM systems to something less capable.

   Jon.

I am new in the SCM world and I have a few questions regarding your post.
It can help me a lot if you could answer them.

1) Are you still using the same SCM system ?

2) I would like to have a CVSNT repository on a Linux box and allow some
users to access it from their Win2k workstations without having to enter
any new passwords. Did you have the same purpose ?

3) You need Samba to use the Windows authentication mechanism, isn't it ?

4) Is Kerberos necessary if your Linux box cannot be accessed from the
outside ?

5) For LDAP, did you only do the following (as explained in the CVSNT wiki)
?

   1.7.1. Active Directory Authentication

   Assuming you have already set up Samba for Active Directory
   authentication using the winbind daemon, you can make CVSNT do likewise
   by adding the file /etc/pam.d/cvs with the contents

   #%PAM-1.0
   auth    sufficient      /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
   auth    required        /lib/security/pam_unix.so
   account sufficient      /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
   account required        /lib/security/pam_unix.so

   Also ensure that you do not have SystemAuth=no in your CVSROOT/config
   file.

Thank you in advance,
Jonathan