[cvsnt] Can I convert entire VSS database to CVS Repositoy ?

John Cole john.cole at uai.com
Wed Jun 23 14:14:20 BST 2004

I learned the hard way not to put any files in the $/ root of VSS, a lot of
the vss utilities don't work on the root (the worst one is ssrestor).

I would suggest that you copy or move the files in your $/ root to a
sub-project, do the conversions, and then move the ,v files to the
repository root.

When I had a source tree similar to yours, I used ssarc to archive
everything off, and the restored them to a $/working project, so I wouldn't
have the same problem.  I wasn't converting to CVS at the time, but it was a
hard lesson to learn about VSS and took a lot of time to fix.

Since your converting, I think you can shortcut fixing your layout by
putting your root files in a sub-project and reorganizing the cvs repository
by hand (btw, to do that, you just move the ,v files to where you want
them).

John Cole