[cvsnt] Newbie Question

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Jun 23 16:10:05 BST 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:06:50 -0500, "Berkley, Donna -CIV"
<donna.berkley at cnet.navy.mil> wrote:

>Thank you, Peter, for such a quick and helpful reply.  The plain win2000 pc that I want to use is on the domain.
>
>I'm not a windows admin type so bear with me ... but I assume that by Windows authentication that you mean the SSPI route which I have a vague understanding of at this point ... I'm concerned about the JDeveloper product (which I mentioned in my other post) that I want to use not being able to go the SSPI route.

If JDeveloper doesn't support sspi you may be limited to pserver,
which has the problem that it passes passwords around in easily
decryptable format (may not be a problem if you're on a secure LAN
though).

The next version of cvsnt will have a solution to this using ext
protocol as a bridge to sspi.