[cvsnt] Re: build error on HP-UX

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jun 25 16:45:04 BST 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:23:18 -0500, MLangas at deltadentalmn.org wrote:

>I'm trying to compile cvsnt on an HP-UX 11i server. (HPPA 2.0)
>
>I'm getting the following error in the lockservice subdir.
>
>$ make
>source='server.cpp' object='server.o' libtool=no \
>depfile='.deps/server.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/server.TPo' \
>depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../depcomp \
>g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../src  -I../lib    -g -O2 -c -o
>server.o `test -f 'server.cpp' || echo './'`server.cpp
>server.cpp: In function `void run_server(int, int, int)':
>server.cpp:193: error: invalid conversion from `socklen_t*' to `int*'
>server.cpp:193: error:   initializing argument 3 of `int accept(int,
>void*, int*)'
>make: *** [server.o] Error 1

It sounds like an error in the HPUX headers - accept should take a
socklen_t and isn't doing for some reason... they should at least have
it take the same type as the socklen_t type (or don't bother defining
socklen_t if they're not going to implement it - cvs handles that
situation correctly).

Casting isn't going to work because of 64bit compatibility issues so
I'm not sure what to do here.  There may be a way to make it conform
(short of installing gcc/glibc and compiling with that) but you'd need
an HPUX expert for that.