[cvsnt] Strange error: history,v file

coliva at simon.com coliva at simon.com
Fri Jun 25 18:21:29 BST 2004

We're receiving a strange error for some of our developers.  Others aren't
seeing it, even though we are all using the same software versions.  It may
be a rights issue, but I haven't nailed that down.

We are using WinCVS 1.3.17.2 (client) and CVSNT 2.0.26 (server).

After almost any operation- checkout, commit, update, etc, they gets
something like the following:
      cvs edit: cannot open x:/cvs/repo/.history,v: Invalid argument

I do have directory/file security configured.  The CVSROOT/history file is
set for update from all CVS users.  There is no .history,v file and I
believe that there never has been one.  Any ideas?