[cvsnt] Re: More Newbie Questions

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sat Jun 26 22:48:25 BST 2004

Steve Forsyth wrote:

> I know that someone had mentioned earlier that the EXT protocol would be
> in a future build of cvsnt... and now this... can anyone verify whether
> the EXT protocol is in a current build and if so... which build? And
> forgive me if I worded this incorrectly, maybe I want to say the ext
> wrapper for the sspi protocal? :)

I think that this experimental EXT wrapper is in the unstable build --
Tony or someone who's following it please correct me here if I'm wrong.

Traditionally, EXT has been used only for SSH AFAIK.  It is in the
current stable CVSNT build and has been there since CVSNT's inception (I
think!!).  The new part that Tony has added is a wrapper for *other*
protocols to allow them to be called through the EXT protocol, so now
you will be able to use any of the CVSNT protocols via a client that
supports EXT and not, say, SSPI directly.  So your second statement was
true :)

--
Glen Starrett