[cvsnt] Re: More Newbie Questions

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jun 29 12:12:52 BST 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:18:50 -0700, "Steve Forsyth"
<steveforsyth at hotmail.com> wrote:

>Sorry, I did find 3 fields in IntelliJ that come up when choosing the ext
>protocol...
>
>1) path to external rsh:
>2) path to private key file:
>3) additional parameters:
>
>I tried entering the extnt.exe file in #1 and left the other 2 fields
>blank.... "cannot establish external connection" is the error that I get
>back from IntelliJ.
>
>I don't have Eclipse readily available at the moment... so I can't tell you
>if I have the same problem with it.
>

>I'd appreciate any feedback as to what I might change to get this working...

You should get some kind of logging from the application - extnt.exe
itself is quite verbose if any errors occur.

Invoking it is IDE specific - I can't really help there... a more
specific list might have the option (or the manuals).

Most (all?) IDEs will invoke something like:

extnt.exe  <hostname> -l <username> cvs server

extnt.exe checks this to some extent (it checks for 5 parameters, and
the '-l' in the second one).  You could try typing the command on the
command line and seeing what kind of output you get.

For eclipse, there's
http://keelframework.org/images/screenshots/SSHProg.JPG

No idea whether that's a standard dialog though (can't check at the
moment).